Why Less is More this Summer
Trends change with the season. Fashion and beauty are always evolving. In winter, the trends on layers, dark clothes, defending makeup looks, bold lips and eyeshadow. In summer, it’s sundresses, pastels, minimalistic makeup looks, blush, gloss and no foundation.
One trend that has been on our mind this summer is the “no-makeup makeup” look. This is the summer of less is more. Effortless beauty. Celebrating natural beauty. Like our founder says, “I want to empower people to feel beautiful in their natural skin—no matter their skin color, size, age—or moment in their life.”
Here is how we are achieving this look during the summer months:
- First off, we are starting our look off with a dewy moisturizer to create a glowy base.
- NEVER forget your SPF in this summer sun!! We, then, apply an SPF face tint to ensure we are protecting our skin barrier from harsh UV rays. Bonus! Face tint also helps even out the skin tone.
- Applying concealer on and around imperfections and/or redness that the skin tint might have missed.
- Bronzer and Blush. This step is an important part of achieving the glowy, sun kissed skin look. A pink to red color blush may be applied on the upper cheek bones and on the tip of the nose.
- On-to eyes and brows, we apply a primer base and mascara to the eyes to make our lashes look long and lush. Make sure to run a brow gel throughout your eyebrows to give them that feathery, full look.
- The most important part to this look - LIPS. This is a fun and creative way to add a pop to this no-makeup make look. Our lip balm “Comfort” is a great simple touch to wrap up this look. Also, we like to opt for LipLoveLine’s Pink Gloss “Blessed” or Brown Gloss “Glory” to add a little shine to our glowy look.
These are the steps to our daily makeup routine all summer long! Make sure to shop our glosses and balms HERE.
By Milan Brewster, LLL Summer 2022 Intern